Residential Lettings Accounts Administrator
Annual salary review
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Bonus holiday days over Christmas
Long service benefits every 5 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a key role within the Residential Lettings section of Walker Singleton, involving overseeing our client accounting procedures and processes for a substantial property management portfolio of over 700 residential properties.
The individual will be responsible for overseeing the management of the rental income and will need to have a good knowledge of general accounting practices and processes. A wide-ranging role will see the successful candidate overseeing our residential accounts functions and will include all client/customer facing aspects from raising of invoices, rent collection, landlord payments, supplier payments, monthly reporting, bank reconciliation of the client account and month end procedures.
Working closely with a team of property managers and reporting to senior department heads. Excellent time management and organisational skills will be required.
Following a recent acquisition there will also be opportunities to become involved in the continued growth of the business and rental book which may include streamlining existing systems and implementing new procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Raising of all department invoices
- Handling & being responsible of allocating all rent payments utilising bespoke property management software and Sage accounting systems
- Balancing & reconciliation of associated client accounts
- Taking of cash & card payments where required, and undertaking associated banking
- Setting up and closing down of tenancy charges and allocation of deposit amounts
- Credit control for managed properties undertaking weekly routine chases, reporting to senior managers on arrears, service of relevant notices where required, and in some cases attendance at local County Court’s on possession hearings on behalf of clients
- Organising Rent Guarantee Insurance Protection Policies and lodging claims on behalf of landlords where required
- Undertaking all client accounting in respect of rent monies received raising payments, creating and issuing monthly statements, and advising landlords on income/expenditure
- Running residential tax return reports where required for clients using associated software
- Managing supplier contractor invoices and payments for clients paying within set timescales and reporting to landlords
- Completing month end reconciliations and commission transfers in a time sensitive manner
- Showing excellent attention and adhering to all company GDPR & AML processes associated with the sensitive information handled
The use of external platforms connected to the management of clients accounting including inhouse systems and bespoke accounting packages. Ability to provide elevated level of customer service.
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Ability to use initiative to ensure productivity
- Ability to motivate self and contribute to the team
- It literate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills including MS Office applications
Any other duties as required.
Achieve and maintain an exceptional level of customer service and always promote exemplary customer care standards to landlords and tenants.
Be fully conversant with the company’s compliance policies and procedures and ensure full compliance with those relevant to the role.
Transparency, commission disclosure and conflicts of interest:
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- General conduct of business and our regulators
- Complaints •- Training and Competence
Ensure all relevant business activities fully comply with professional standards, regulation, and company procedures. Use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
Conduct learning, training, and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual Training & Competence (T&C) programme applicable to you. Identify further areas for own development as required.
Promote and embed a TCF culture in all respective business areas.
Ensure compliance with all other applicable legislation, including but not limited to, The Bribery Act 2010, The Data Protection Act 1998, and so on. Also, to ensure that all company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to as they may apply from time to time.
Ensure full adherence to the company’s Data Security Policy.
Assume personal responsibility for personal data (client and employee) you control/manage, to ensure it is securely held and effectively used in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.